Pictures: Police teargas Tanga Tanga leaders at London ward by-election
By Steve Mkawale | March 4th 2021
Chaos erupted at the London ward by-election in Nakuru County as police teargassed a group of leaders allied to Deputy President William Ruto.
The lawmakers are agents of UDA candidate for London Ward by-election, Antony Nzuki.
Langata MP Nixon Korir was roughed up by a group of youths at the Milimani Primary School polling station.
Police lobbed teargas canisters to disperse senators Susan Kihika (Nakuru), Kipchumba Murkomen (Elgeyo Marakwet) and other Tanga Tanga MPs who are the chief agents for the UDA candidate.
Voting was paralysed at Milimani polling stattion after the voters were dispersed.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our websiteTake a survey
71-year-old man admits to raping woman
- 'Fake' engineer arraigned
By Brian Okoth
- Kenyans to pay more for cooking gas beginning July
- Three dead in brazen night shooting in Changamwe
- Senator Moi meets US Chief of Mission to Kenya
- Minor dies after being hit over Sh10
By Anne Atieno