DCI recovers 294 stolen mobile phones
By Daniel Chege | February 10th 2021
The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has recovered 294 mobile phones suspected to have been stolen.
This follows a raid at a premise in Kaptembwo slum, believed to be a hideout for criminals. Also recovered in the raid was a laptop and computer central processing unit.
CID Officer Antony Sunguti said the raid came after tracking a Samsung mobile phone stolen from a university student.
“We received a complaint from a student regarding her stolen phone. We tracked it and found the house with many mobile phones,” he said.
Sunguti said they had received complaints from the public over mobile phone theft.
“There was a surge in mobile phone theft in January, although the cases had reduced during the December holidays,” he said.
Job seekers flight into slavery and torture in Saudi Arabia
- DP Ruto: I will not resign
- School records over 90 pupils with 400 marks and above
- Committed teacher ‘won’t be punished by TSC’
By Brian Okoth
- School that lost 15 pupils in stampede among top scorers
- Judge defends tough decision to charge noise-making staff