DCI recovers 294 stolen mobile phones
By Daniel Chege | February 10th 2021
The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has recovered 294 mobile phones suspected to have been stolen.
This follows a raid at a premise in Kaptembwo slum, believed to be a hideout for criminals. Also recovered in the raid was a laptop and computer central processing unit.
CID Officer Antony Sunguti said the raid came after tracking a Samsung mobile phone stolen from a university student.
“We received a complaint from a student regarding her stolen phone. We tracked it and found the house with many mobile phones,” he said.
Sunguti said they had received complaints from the public over mobile phone theft.
“There was a surge in mobile phone theft in January, although the cases had reduced during the December holidays,” he said.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Three arrested over failed raid on Kinamba Police Station
- The long and vicious battle for Samuel Wanjiru’s millions
- In God's name: How gospel greats sow seeds of sin
- Suspended SDA students record exemplary performance in KCSE
By Nikko Tanui
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police William Sing’oei found dead
By Kamore Maina
- How Wajir governor’s wife took over running of county