Two die in road accident along Naivasha-Mai Mahiu road
By Antony Gitonga | July 16th 2020
Two people have died in a road accident involving two trucks along the Naivasha-Mai Mahiu road.
The bodies of the two drivers of a truck and a canter were for over one hour trapped in the wreckages before police moved to retrieve them.
The accident near Longonot trading center occurred after the trailer that was heading to Naivasha rammed into canter while overtaking.
On impact, the two died on the spot while the trailer spilled tonnes of rice that it was ferrying leading to a scramble from area residents.
Naivasha OCPD Samuel Waweru confirmed the accident noting that the two drivers were alone when the accident occurred.
"The bodies have been taken to Naivasha Mortuary while the wreckages have been towed to Longonot police post," he said.
Where is my kidney?
- Dreadful search and 26-hour drive with friend's burnt body
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Family forced to bury son’s leg severed in strange attack
- Nancy Gitau: The iron lady behind Uhuru’s realpolitik
- Parliament set to pass BBI next week