Wife stabs husband to death over dowry
By By Michael Saitoti | December 19th 2012
By Michael Saitoti
A woman stabbed her husband to death in Barsaloi, Samburu after they differed over dowry of their two daughters.
The woman killed her husband, who is an assistant chief, on Tuesday night.
Samburu Central OCPD Morris Assila said the assistant chief was given dowry for their two daughters but did not give his wife her share as per Samburu traditions.
A quarrel ensued and the couple fought and it was then that the woman stabbed her husband.
Assila said the woman has been arrested and will be arraigned in court.
The body of the deceased was taken to Maralal District Hospital mortuary.
It will be do or die for Kenyan trio in 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
- Olympics: US beat Kenya in women's beach volleyball
- Malkia Strikers send warning to top volleyball nations
- Former Mo Farah coach permanently banned due to sexual, emotional misconduct
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession