Stop attacking foreign envoys, Governor Lonyangapuo warns NASA leaders
By Irissheel Shanzu | February 14th 2018
West Pokot Governor John Lonyangapuo has defended foreign envoys working in Kenya after they were accused by the Opposition of meddling in Kenyan politics.
The Governor said ambassadors of foreign countries have a role to play in Kenyan politics hence it is advisable to listen to them.
“Ambassadors represent the interests of their countries in Kenya and they should be respected,” said Prof. Lonyangapuo.
This comes after the ambassadors asked opposition leaders to recognize President Uhuru Kenyatta as the President and William Ruto as his Deputy.
Lonyangapuo hit out at the opposition saying that the recent swearing in of the NASA leader Raila Odinga was illegal and asked the NASA team to respect the constitution.
“The opposition is mixed up and it is doing things that are not right...We must respect the memorandum of understanding we have with other countries,” he said.
He was speaking in Sebit when he inspected developmental projects in the region.
“The Opposition has been working with the envoys and now when they are being told the truth they do not want them .We want the ambassadors to continue staying with us and help them develop the country,” said Lonyangapuo.
He asked opposition leader Raila Odinga to wait until 2022 to vie for presidency again, adding that the economy had deteriorated following the long period of politicking.
Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
- Olympics: Syombua fails to qualify for semi-finals of women’s 400m, finishes 5th
- Our faith looks up to thee 1,500m Olympic gold medallist Faith Chepngetich
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession