Suspended Ugunja MP Opiyo Wandayi gives Speaker 24 hours to readmit him
By Moses Njagih | July 14th 2016
Ugunja MP Opiyo Wandayi has threatened contempt of court proceedings against National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi for failing to readmit him to Parliament.
The MP yesterday gave a 24-hour ultimatum to be allowed back as ordered by the High Court last week.
His lawyer, Anthony Oluoch, dismissed Muturi’s position that the Committee on Privileges would decide the implementation of the order, terming it disobedience to court.
Wandayi was suspended on March 16 after he was accused of disrupting President Uhuru Kenyatta’s speech.
Chepkoech, Kiyeng through to steeplechase final as Korir disqualified in 400m men heats
- Why Harold didn’t make it to the Olympics
By Peter Theuri
- It’s a day of ups and downs for Kenya at Olympic Stadium
- No Kenyans in 800m finals as Moraa misses mark in semi-finals
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession