Anti-corruption agency did shoddy probe on Waiguru, says Keter
By Wilfred Ayaga and Daniel Psirmoi | February 9th 2016
Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter has criticised the anti-graft agency for clearing former Devolution Cabinet Secretary Anne Waiguru of graft claims.
The MP, who last year filed an impeachment motion against Waiguru over the National Youth Service (NYS) scam, said the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission's (EACC) decision was based on half-baked investigations.
Keter said he will file a motion in Parliament to vet officials of the anti-graft agency involved in the 'bungled' investigations.
"It is wanting and misleading to insist that they did not have anything against her...we don't have an EACC. It is not even a kangaroo institution. That is where the Executive prosecutes those it wants prosecuted and clears those it wants cleared," said Keter when he addressed journalists at Parliament Buildings yesterday.
Southern Bypass crash victim identified
By Mate Tongola
- How Uhuru, Raila clipped BBI attack
- City brewery using water from sewage [Photos]
- Parents worry long holidays will expose learners to harm
- Justice Ouko village known for breeding top legal minds
- SRC approves new allowances for regional heads, chiefs
By Allan Mungai