Is true that Ruto's allies are being victimised?
By Diana Chebet | July 16th 2021
It is clear for everyone to see that the fight against corruption in Kenya has been politicised.
Our criminal justice system has unfortunately been politicised and it is being used to victimise those that have supported Deputy President William Ruto.
I agree with Dr Ruto that a number of leaders associated with him have been targeted by authorities simply because of being allied with him.
It is not a coincidence that majority of politicians that have been dragged to court or are currently being investigated support the DP.
The fact that most of the cases have dragged on for long without being prosecuted proves that it’s all witch-hunt and political persecution.
The leaders are being punished for supporting Ruto. It is wrong to use government agencies to punish and settle political scores with people you don’t agree with.
I am however happy that Ruto has over the years proved to be a strong man despite the war against him. As we head to 2022, the war waged against him will even be more fierce.
Diana Chebet is Moiben parliamentary aspirant
Emmanuel Korir wins Kenya's first Gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Kenya's Kiyeng bags bronze as Chemutai claims gold for Uganda in women's 3000m steeplechase
- Athing Mu: 19-year-old Sudanese prodigy shining for USA at the Tokyo Olympics
- Factbox: Coronavirus cases at the Tokyo Olympics
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession