Siaya politician Florence Aluodo dies
By Olivia Odhiambo | June 14th 2021
A Siaya 2017 elections Woman Rep contender Florence Aluodo has died after a long illness.
Aluodo died while receiving treatment at a hospital in Nairobi.
She competed against Woman Representative Christine Ombaka and lost to her.
Aluodo vied as an Independent candidate after decamping from Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) over claims of shambolic nominations.
She campaigned alongside ODM leader Raila Odinga first cousin, former Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo and former Rarieda MP Nicholas Gumbo.
She also worked with various Non-Governmental Organisations for more than 10 years.
Veteran politician and ODM leader Raila Odinga’s cousin Jakoyo Midiwo also died today.
The 54-year-old ex-MP died at Nairobi Hospital.
Jakoyo’s cousin Ruth Odinga while confirming the tragic news said the former legislator suffered a cardiac arrest.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession