Police arrest five terror suspects in Kisumu
By Lucas Barasa | May 9th 2021
Five suspected terrorists were on Sunday arrested in Kisumu County.
Nyando sub-county police boss Leonard Matete said three of the suspects were arrested in Ahero while two others were nabbed in Kombewa.
“The three suspects had boarded a matatu heading to Kericho but alighted in Ahero when they realized they were being tracked. They started walking back towards Kisumu after they learned that a police roadblock had been erected near Ahero,” Matete said.
The police boss revealed that the suspects had Pakistan passports and appeared to have been in the country for a long period of time.
According to Matete, the suspects were being tracked by the Anti-Terror Police Unit following their suspicious activities and have been handed over to the unit for interrogation.
How Chris Kirubi helped shape Nairobi
By Philip Kisia
- Uhuru drops erstwhile loyalists as Raila joins kitchen cabinet
By Nzau Musau
- Six foods that rev up your ‘engine’
- Months after road crash Tuju meets matatu driver
- Kaunda leaves us with a suit, a street, fond memories
- Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda