Minor dies after being hit over Sh10
By Anne Atieno | April 22nd 2021
A 15-year old boy who just received his Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) results died after his playmate hit him with a stone over Sh10 at Dago trading center, Uriri Sub-County.
According to Kajulu II area assistant Chief Charles Onindo, the minors were playing when the deceased who he said posted good KCPE results picked his friend's money.
Maxwell Onyango, who was a candidate at Dago Primary School is said to have been hit with a stone, after which he collapsed.
"The boy was playing and took Sh10 from another- who then picked a stone and hit him behind the ear," Onindo said.
The chief urged parents to keep a close eye on their children to avoid such incidences.
Onyango's body was taken to Migori County Referral Hospital.
The Class six suspect is currently being held at Uriri Police Station.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
BBI: Uhuru, Raila back to drawing board
- We have no interest in impeaching President Uhuru - UDA allied MPs
By Erick Abuga
- Wilson Sossion's woes in KNUT deepens
- Scores feared dead as floods wreak havoc
- Public Service Commission Chair Stephen Kirogo is dead
By Betty Njeru
- ODM, UDA protest as police storm Ongwae's home over Bonchari by election