Man commits suicide over Sh40,000 loan
By Anne Atieno | November 25th 2020
A 46-year-old man has killed himself over Sh40,000 loan at Achego village, Songo area in Muhoroni Sub-county.
Philip Oduor is said to have ended his life yesterday after creditors repossessed a motorcycle he acquired on loan.
Muhoroni OCPD David Njoroge feared that Oduor suffered emotionally when the bike was repossessed on Thursday last week.
“It was well until the creditors claimed that he (Oduor) defaulted on some loan he took to buy the motorbike,” Njoroge said.
According to close relatives, Oduor isolated himself and started starving after the incident. H
is brother, David Opon said Oduor evacuated his family and maintained he wanted to stay alone some two days after the creditors visited.
"He later took a rope, tied it on his house's roof and used it to end his life, almost half an hour after he chased his wife away," said Opon.
Kiru School principal’s widow declared guilty of murder
- Family appeals for help for American man held in hospital over bill
- 16-year-old girl ends her life over boyfriend
- Editors rally for TV station after exposé
- Moni Wekesa: The academic giant in the hot CJ seat today
By Betty Njeru
- Why man’s CCTV evidence is useless in his divorce case