Doctors accuse Health CEC of stagnating their promotion
By Olivia Odhiambo | July 27th 2020
Doctors in Siaya County have protested over alleged biased report on promotions.
The doctors accused Health Executive Dorothy Owino of manipulating and mutilating an agreed-upon promotion analysis report prepared and presented by Kenya Medical Practitioners, Pharmacist and Dentist Union, directorate human resource management and department of health.
In a protest letter addressed to the County Secretary and copied to both the chair of the public service board and HR director, the health workers claimed Ms Owino has deliberately flouted agreed resolutions by a mediation committee on the matter.
"The CEC health has adamantly ignored the advice of the mediation committee to disclose to the union any information or input by any party to the analysis report as agreed upon during the mediation process and insists on her way or no other way," stated the letter signed by Nyanza region branch secretary Dr Omweri Lameck.
The doctors have threatened to strike if the original promotions analysis list is not honoured.
The CEC, however, dismissed the claims saying promotions must be guided by scheme of service, budgetary provision and staff appraisal.
Ms Owino said the issue of promotions was not an emergency because they have been working within a set time frame.
County Secretary Joseph Ogutu said they will continue to engage with union officials this week to hopefully reach an agreement.
Welcome to Omanyala's world
- Olympics: Faith leads Chebet and Jebitok into 1,500m women semi-finals
- Will Kenya finally open its medal account today?
- Olympics: Chepkoech and Kiyeng ready to deliver glory
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession