Kalembe Ndile's burial at Mbui Nzau, Makueni county [PHOTOS]
By Too Jared | June 11th 2021
Former Kibwezi MP Kalembe Ndile is being buried today in a funeral expected to draw national and local political bigwigs from the region including Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua, Wiper party leader Kalonzo Musyoka and Kitui Governor Charity Ngilu, among others.
Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party leader Raila Odinga is expected to attend.
Ndile’s body was transported to his rural home in Mbui Nzau, Makueni County, from the Lee Funeral Home, where the Tip party leader is to be accorded his final sendoff later today, Friday, June 11.
Ndile, 57, died at a Nairobi hospital on May 30, 2021, after a long illness. He is survived by 10 children, and six other adopted children.
Lionesses happy to have finally played despite two losses
- Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession