Over 35 students hospitalised after Ofafa Jericho School fire
By Mireri Junior
| September 20th 2021
Over 35 students were on Monday night hospitalised after inhaling fumes of smoke following a dormitory fire at Ofafa Jericho High School in Nairobi County.
According to the school principal Mathews Limge, the fire that started around 8:30 pm also destroyed students’ personal effects.
Linge said students were rushed to the nearby Metropolitan Hospital in Buruburu where they are receiving treatment. "All the students are in stable condition and will soon be discharged, " he said.
Metropolitan CEO Dr Kanyemje Gakombe said the students were safe, adding that they didn't suffer from external burns.
They inhaled smoke from mattresses which is very toxic, but we have been able to treat all of them," he said, adding that some of the students were taken to other health facilities.
Fire fighters from Nairobi County, however, managed to contain the fire.
The cause of the fire was not immediately ascertained.
More to follow…
Karua to lead Mt Kenya 2022 negotiationsMartha Karua says their focus was on equity in distribution of resources and representation.
Good laws set up to boost fishing, but policies are yet to take effectAt the launch of the Coast Guard services in 2018, the country had just one boat for patrolling the coastline.
All 400 Maranda School Form 4 students sent home indefinitely
- Duale: Uhuru’s sudden appearance during my TV interview didn’t scare me
- Man who shot woman he thought was fugitive cop Kangogo found dead
By Osinde Obare
- Police officers’ ‘slashed salaries’: What’s happening?
By Mate Tongola
- Country's only known alligator since 1967 on the brink of death
- My old-fashioned watermill has served me for 90 years, says miller