Police arrest woman, main suspect in murder of 8-year-old in Kitengela
By Peterson Githaiga | June 5th 2021
A woman believed to be the main suspect behind the recent killing of an eight-year-old girl in Kitegela, Kajiado County has been arrested.
The woman, 27, was nabbed at Kitengela/Athi River border yesterday afternoon, Isinya sub-county DCI boss Jeremiah Ndumbai said.
The arrest brings to three number of suspects held for the kidnap and subsequent murder of Shantel Nzembi, a Grade Two pupil.
Ndumbai said a SIM card they believe was used to call Shantel’s mother to demand a ransom of Sh300,000 in order to release her daughter has been recovered.
Detectives were yesterday allowed by court to continue holding Lavington Otengo, 27, and Francis Mbuthia, 42, for 10 more days to complete investigations.
Otenge, a boda boda rider, was arrested on Wednesday at Orata. He was allegedly found with a mobile phone police believe was used to demand the ransom.
Mbuthia, who was arrested at Kiserian, is the owner of the ID used to register the Airtel line that received the money.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession