Police arrest woman, main suspect in murder of 8-year-old in Kitengela
By Peterson Githaiga | June 5th 2021
A woman believed to be the main suspect behind the recent killing of an eight-year-old girl in Kitegela, Kajiado County has been arrested.
The woman, 27, was nabbed at Kitengela/Athi River border yesterday afternoon, Isinya sub-county DCI boss Jeremiah Ndumbai said.
The arrest brings to three number of suspects held for the kidnap and subsequent murder of Shantel Nzembi, a Grade Two pupil.
Ndumbai said a SIM card they believe was used to call Shantel’s mother to demand a ransom of Sh300,000 in order to release her daughter has been recovered.
Detectives were yesterday allowed by court to continue holding Lavington Otengo, 27, and Francis Mbuthia, 42, for 10 more days to complete investigations.
Otenge, a boda boda rider, was arrested on Wednesday at Orata. He was allegedly found with a mobile phone police believe was used to demand the ransom.
Mbuthia, who was arrested at Kiserian, is the owner of the ID used to register the Airtel line that received the money.
Jubilee’s Joseph Githinji wins Muguga ward by-election
- Fugitive cop Caroline Kangogo found dead at her parents’ home
- We believe in God and the hustler nation, says UDA's Njuguna Wanjiku
By Too Jared
- The tight contest that was Kiambaa
By Brian Okoth
- President Uhuru condemns killing of environmentalist Joanna Stuchburry
- Kiambaa contest between Jubilee and UDA tight as results stream in
By Brian Okoth