Nairobi residents protest against stalled road project
By Njoroge Kinuthia | February 23rd 2017
Residents of Tassia Phase 1 in Nairobi on Wednesday protested over a stalled road project in the estate. They marched on the busy Outer Ring Road and caused a major traffic jam, carrying placards calling on Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero to order the road works to resume.
They were complaining about the gateway to the estate, which was excavated and abandoned by a contractor last year. Some sections have been flooded with sewage, while others are overlaid with sharp stone fillings, making the road a hazard to motorists and pedestrians.
A county official addressed the demonstrators and promised that work on the rough road would begin within a week.
71-year-old man admits to raping woman
- 'Fake' engineer arraigned
By Brian Okoth
- Kenyans to pay more for cooking gas beginning July
- Three dead in brazen night shooting in Changamwe
- Senator Moi meets US Chief of Mission to Kenya
- Minor dies after being hit over Sh10
By Anne Atieno