In Pictures: Overwhelming welcome for Pope in Kangemi
By Standard Digital
| November 27th 2015
On the third day of his visit to Kenya, Pope Francis visited St Joseph the Worker in Kangemi, Nairobi where he was received by multitudes who lined up the roads to see him.
The Pope reiterated his message of the need to ensure fair distribution of resources and strongly condemned land grabbing and denial of basic services to slum dwellers.
Barclays fined for lax crime checks in 'deal of century'Britain's financial watchdog has fined Barclays 72 million pounds ($109 million) for cutting corners in vetting wealthy customers in order to win a huge transaction described by one senior manager as potentially the "deal of the century."
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Boda boda operator shot dead after refusing to bribe police
- EACC raises alarm over fee hike crisis in schools
- Joho says petition seeking his removal is unconstitutional
- LSK President to challenge roll out of teacher refresher courses by TSC
- KQ admits aircraft’s loss of communication over Germany
- Be cautious while reporting rape cases, DCI