France fines Google Sh145m over hotel rankings practices
MONEY & CAREERS
By Reuters | February 15th 2021
Google Ireland and Google France have agreed to pay a 1.1 million euros (Sh145 million or $1.34 million) fine after a probe found that Google’s hotel rankings could be misleading for consumers, France’s finance ministry and fraud watchdog said on Monday.
The ministry and watchdog also said in a statement that Google has amended its hotel rankings practices since September 2019.
Three astronauts return safely to Earth from International Space Station
- Mud thwarts man’s attempt to dump lover’s body
- The Obamas seek financial help to bring kin’s body home
- Man allegedly caught defiling daughter
- Kitui KCPE candidate ‘failed by his school’
- Woman: Nigerian man never conned me Sh31m, I gave him the money