Obama: 'Israel has right to defend itself'
| November 19th 2012
US President Barack Obama says Israel has a right to defend itself from missiles being aimed at the country by militants in the Gaza Strip.
Speaking in Bangkok during a tour of Asia, he said that "no country on earth would tolerate missiles raining down" on its people.
He added that any effort to resolve the conflict in Gaza "starts with no missiles being fired into Israel's territory."
Obama's comments come as Israeli strikes hit two media headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Sunday as violence continues to escalate.
Drunk man in Australia attempts to ride crocodileA drunk man who climbed into a crocodile enclosure in Australia and attempted to ride a 5m (16ft) long crocodile has survived his encounter.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption