What you need to know about the Juja by-election
By Sara Okuoro and Ronald Bett | May 18th 2021
The Juja parliamentary seat became vacant after MP Francis Waititu succumbed to brain cancer on February 22, 2021 at MP Shah Hospital.
Waititu was elected on a Jubilee ticket during the 2017 General Election. He garnered 66,190 votes.
According to IEBC, Juja constituency has 114,761 registered voters.
The 2017 General Election had an 80 per cent voter turn-out which saw 91,801 Kenyans casting their votes in the region.
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, voters in the Juja constituency will head to the polls to elect their next member of parliament.
A total of eleven candidates will square it out in the mini poll.
1. Waititu Susan Njeri - Jubilee Party
2. Ndung'u George Koimburi – Progressive Empowerment Party (PEP)
3. Mwangi Kariuki Chege – Independent
4. Kagera Eunice Wanjiru – The New Democrats (TND)
5. Kariuki Joseph Gichui – Independent
6. Kariuki Rashid Iregi – Independent
7. Marungo James Kariuki - Independent
8. Mburu John Njoroge – People’s Party of Kenya (PPK)
9. Ndung'u Antony Kirori – Maendeleo Chap Chap Party (MCCP)
10. Ndung’u Kennedy Gachuma – National Liberal Party (NLP)
11. Zulu Julius Thiong'o - Independent
Day shop owner doubted Kirubi’s buying ability
By Brian Okoth
- DP Ruto: I doubt Uhuru can back Nasa principal for 2022 race
By Jael Mboga
- Jakoyo’s Three Sweethearts: ‘You were reassuring, a charmer and real lover’
By Erick Abuga
- Damaged. Dismembered. Destroyed: DP Ruto on Jubilee party
By Jael Mboga
- Ruto: I would have appointed the six remaining judges
By Too Jared
- Ruto: I don’t complain if not assigned duties
By Betty Njeru