The United Kingdom Embassy has issued a travel advisory warning visitors that they will be denied entry into England from April 9 if they have been in Kenya in the previous 10 days.
“There are new restrictions for entering the UK from Kenya. From 0400 UK time on 9 April, visitors who have been in or transited through Kenya in the previous 10 days will be refused entry into England,” read a tweet from the UK Embassy in Kenya.
British, Irish and third-country nationals with residence rights arriving in England from Kenya will be required to quarantine in a government-approved facility for 10 days. However, different rules apply for arrivals into Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises against all but essential travel to Kenya based on the current assessment of Covid-19 risks, according to the government of UK website, gov.uk.
1/2 There are new restrictions for entering the UK from Kenya. From 0400 UK time on 9 April, visitors who have been in or transited through Kenya in the previous 10 days will be refused entry into England.
— UK in Kenya ???????????????? (@UKinKenya) April 2, 2021.
- Drought ravaging 20 counties should be a national disaster
- Chinese authorities implement 'zero covid' policy as Tibetans raise fears of spike in isolation centres
- Co-op retains top industry award at fete
- Is Covid-19 winding down? Scientists say no
The red list travel ban countries
If you have been in or through any of the countries listed below in the previous 10 days, you will be refused entry to the UK.
If you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK, you will be able to enter. You must quarantine in a government-approved hotel for 10 days.
3. Bangladesh (will be added to the list 4am Friday 9 April)
8. Cape Verde
11. Democratic Republic of the Congo
15. French Guiana
17. Kenya (will be added to the list 4am Friday, April 9)
23. Pakistan (will be added to the list 4am Friday, April 9)
27. Philippines (will be added to the list 4am Friday, April 9)
32. South Africa
35. United Arab Emirates (UAE)
If you arrive in the UK from these places before 4am Friday, April 9, you must self-isolate for 10 days in the place you’re staying and take a Covid-19 test on day 2 and day 8. You are eligible for the Test to Release scheme.
If you arrive in the UK from these places after 4am Friday, April 9, you must stay in your quarantine hotel for your 10-day quarantine period and take a Covid-19 test on day 2 and day 8.