Five positive Covid-19 students admitted to Kisii Hospital
By Erick Abuga | November 20th 2020
The students of Nyanchwa Girls High School tested positive for Covid-19 on Tuesday and were part of the 15 samples that had been taken for testing from the institution.
Kisii County Education Director Pius Ngoma said the 10 who tested negative were put in isolation and will have to undergo a second test after seven days.
Ngoma said one of the five who had been admitted was later discharged and allowed to go for home-based care.
"We have requested for mass testing of the 115 KCSE candidates in the school. We hope the Ministry of Health will provide enough testing kits for the exercise," he said.
County Public Health Officer Richard Onkware said they will continue to monitor the situation at the school and have all the students and teachers tested.
"They are all in a stable condition and will be discharged once they have undergone the second test," said Dr Onkware.
Covid 19 Time Series
Referendum not factored in money allocated to IEBC, agency boss says
- Freak crash claims four lives, one survives
By Mate Tongola
- I will do a Magufuli, says Raila as he hints at 2022 State House run
- If Kalonzo, Raila don’t unite in 2022, Ruto will have a field day: Ngilu
- Cooking oil now a luxury for broke, struggling Kenyans
By Peter Theuri
- Intrigues of the Sh608b debt CS Yatani omitted from budget speech