78 year old nun shoplifts coffee, soap, snacks
By AP | March 19th 2016
Pennsylvania: State police say a nun, 78, was caught shoplifting $23 worth of coffee, snacks and toiletries from a central Pennsylvania store.
Troopers say Sister Agnes Pennino was seen taking the items from the Surplus Outlet near Berwick on Monday afternoon. WNEP-TV reports police determined the woman captured on surveillance video was the nun who lived about 20 miles away at a convent in Danville.
The station says Saints Cyril and Methodius Convent officials declined to comment. Nobody answered the phone at the convent Thursday morning. Shoplifting is a summary offense, akin to a traffic ticket, meaning the nun will likely pay a fine if she’s convicted.
BBI appeal: Lawyers claim chances of success low
- Public Service Commission Chair Stephen Kirogo is dead
By Betty Njeru
- List of Nairobi estates affected by power outage
By Fred Kagonye
- ODM, UDA protest as police storm Ongwae's home over Bonchari by election
- Justice William Ouko appointed Supreme Court judge
- We have no interest in impeaching President Uhuru - UDA allied MPs
By Erick Abuga