1. Do your friends believe in marriage? How can they be your
support system if they don't believe in the institution?
2. Are your friends faithful and do they treat their spouses
well? Most married people get to cheat on, mistreat and devalue their spouse because
of their friend's influence.
3. Do your friends respect your spouse or do they belittle,
insult and ridicule your spouse? Why are you surrounding yourself with people
who don't honour your life partner, the mother/father of your children?
4. Are your friends good examples to your children? Can you
trust your friends with your children or do you have double standards, telling
your children to have good company yet you entertain bad company?
5. Is your spouse comfortable with your friends? Or have your
friends become an issue in your marriage, pulling you two apart, making your
spouse feel you are siding with your friends?
6. Are your friends of the opposite gender honourable or do
they flirt with you? Are you doing things with your friends that your spouse is
finding inappropriate but then you cover it all up? Most affairs start off as
friendships that are passionately defended.
7. Are your friends stealing your family time? Do your
friends keep making plans outside home for to regularly be apart from your
family? Are you coming home late often exhausted or drunk spending less time
with family to be with friends who most likely won't be in your life years to
8. Are your friends ruining your family finances by draining
you, using you, encouraging you to squander family wealth on dubious deals,
alcohol or gambling or do your friends challenge you to do better financially
for your family?
9. Can you count on your friends to help you find solutions
when you have marital problems or are they quick to mislead you, gossip about
your spouse and incite you to leave?
10. Do your friends look out for you and your spouse and
correct you and confront you when you are messing up your marriage or do they
see you walking into fire and say "It's none of my business"?
11. In case anything happens to you, can you trust your
spouse and children with your friends?
12. When your friends visit your home, does your spouse feel
bad and uneasy or does your spouse welcome them because they are good for you
and the family?
13. Do your friends add you to fishy online Groups of porn,
cheating, sexcapades, hook ups, sexism and corrupt dealings that goes against
what your marriage stands for? Why are you opening up doors that will cost you
Friends can break or shape your family, surround yourself
with the right ones.
Stay informed. Subscribe to our newsletter
© Akello Oliech and Dayan Masinde
In my book, MANHOOD SERIES, I walk with men through the
journey of understanding themselves and their woman.
In my other book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I walk with women
through the journey of self-discovery and their relationship with men.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde,
MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to
the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to
download and read on your phone or computer.
To purchase the WOMANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde,
MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word WOMAN and your email address
to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to
download and read on your phone or computer