Embu County Government to provide free underwear to girls
| Jun 16th 2018 | 1 min read
Embu County Government will roll out a support programme to supply free underwear to school girls at a cost of Sh3 million.
The Gender and Children’s Affairs department will also provide free sanitary towels to girls to promote menstrual hygiene.
Gender Executive Joan Mwende said the move would help uplift the self-esteem of underprivileged girls and help stem girls’ skipping of school due to lack of pads.
The County Assembly Gender Committee chairperson Sicily Warue lauded the plan as well thought out.
Family of man killed at police station seeks justiceA family is seeking justice following the death of their son at Kibichoi Police Station in Githunguri last week.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
IEBC appeals order on MP Sabina's summons
- Safari rally fans warned over condom shortage in Naivasha
- KRA auctions abandoned goods worth Sh39.6m at Mombasa port
- Over 250,000 students to join higher learning institutions
- UK-based engineer takes aunt to court for 'grabbing' his land in Nairobi
By Paul Ogemba
- Cold weekend ahead as temperatures hit below 10 degrees
By Betty Njeru