Julius Karangi now deployed to boost vote listing
By Gakuu Mathenge | February 6th 2017
Jubilee Party strategists have deployed a retired four-star general to placate reluctant potential voters in Nyeri County.
The strategists were jolted by returns showing only 34,000 voters out of a possible 300,000 had turned up to register by last Wednesday. The party has now deployed Gen (rtd) Julius Karangi to spearhead the vote hunt in his home county.
On Friday, Karangi convened a meeting for all aspiring governors and senators in a Nairobi hotel, and is scheduled to convene another one with all aspiring National Assembly and County Assembly aspirants in Nyeri on Monday to craft strategies to mobilise voters in the area.
Bizarre: Man found licking dead teacher’s blood in mortuary arrested
By James Omoro
- Koome: I’ll work with Executive but cannot give up independence
- Why Kirubi couldn’t sell weaves, wigs
By Fred Kagonye
- Woman accused of leaking top Kenyan politician’s nude video speaks
By Brian Okoth
- Ruto backs bid to scrap degree rule for MCAs and MPs
- Maasai Mara University heist whistleblower Spencer Sankale sacked