NPSC to review case of officers left in promotions
By Cyrus Ombati
| August 9th 2016
The police employer agreed to review the case of six officers whose names were omitted from a list of those promoted.
The National Police Service Commission (NPSC) will meet by the end of this week for review and announce the way forward.
Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery, Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet and NPSC Chairman Johnstone Kavuludi met yesterday and denied claims of a conflict within the commission.
"There is no conflict at all. There was an anomaly, which will be rectified after the commission meets by the end of the week. In the future, there will be verification and confirmation to avoid such incidents," said Nkaissery.
Nkaissery, who addressed journalists outside Harambee House in the company of Boinnet and Kavuludi, said the omission witnessed in the release of the list will not occur again.
Both Kavuludi and Boinnet who are commissioners at the NPSC said there was no conflict among them as perceived.
There was confusion after the commission promoted 52 senior officers whose promotions had been pending for almost a year.
Hours after the list of the officers was published by NPSC, the IG issued his list excluding eight officers, including spokesman Charles Owino.
This exposed the differences within the commission where the IG and his deputies are members.
The commission had met on July 26 and ratified a list of those to be promoted as per the law. Later, a list of 52 names was released.
When the IG released the list, the names those of Owino, Mary Omari, Noah Mwivanda, Fred Situma, Rosemary Kuraru, Jackson Kazungu, Jebel Ngere and Gitari Njoka were missing. The rest have since been handed their new insignia.
Nkaissery said the commission is working well for the benefit of all police officers.
Githurai and the 24-hour economyLife in Githurai is a metaphor of how a large majority of young people in this country are forced by circumstances into a perilous existence of a "24-hour economy". It is a time bomb.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
What killed 17-year-old boy in girls school
- Professionals from three counties back Raila's State House dream
- Raila delivers Sh10m gift to Kigumo hospital after student request
- Raila, BBI team oppose prayer by five professors
- Man admits killing Catholic priest who sodomised him
- Pull down video and apologise, Governor Mutua tells Boniface Mwangi
By Jael Mboga