Clarification and apology: TSC new recruitments
By Standard Reporter | March 29th 2020
In our Friday’s issue of The Standard, we carried a story indicating that the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has employed 8,141 tutors on permanent and pensionable terms.
We have since established that this is the number of intern teachers hired.
The Commission has, however, recruited 8,920 teachers on permanent and pensionable terms.
TSC targeted to hire 10,300 interns and 9,069 teachers. Consequently, the commission is still processing 2,159 interns who will soon be put on payroll.
Also being processed are 149 teachers to be hired on permanent and pensionable terms.
We apologise to the commission for the error.
WE STAND CORRECTED: The Standard/The Nairobian/KTN welcome complaints about errors or omissions that warrant correction. Messages on our news coverage may be e-mailed to [email protected]tandardmedia.co.ke or via phone on 0719012111. Comments on editorials may be e-mailed to [email protected] or faxed to 2213108.
3,000m steeplechase duo of Chepkoech and Kiyeng duo chase elusive medal
- Cheruiyot is just happy to have finally raced at the biggest stage
- Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession