Court lifts warrant of arrest against Nyali MP Mohamed Ali
By Joackim Bwana
| November 5th 2021
Nyali MP Mohamed Ali got a reprieve after the court lifted a warrant of arrest it had issued against him.
On October 5, a magistrate court in Kwale issued the arrest warrant against Ali after a terror suspect, Noordin Abdalla Hassan, he had bailed absconded the court.
According to court documents, Ali presented himself before Kwale Senior Principal Magistrate Joe Omido on Wednesday and applied to withdraw his Sh50,000 bond.
Court file shows that Ali paid the bond for the suspect facing 12 terror-related charges in 2016. The MP also committed to producing him whenever he was wanted in court.
On Wednesday, Ali through his lawyer Titus Kirui told the court that he helped the police to track down and arrest the suspect on Tuesday in Mombasa's Majengo.
Ford-Kenya endorses Wetang’ula for president as rivals oppose bid?The Ford Kenya party National Delegates Conference (NDC) yesterday settled on Bungoma Senator Moses Wetang’ula as the party leader and flag bearer.
Wiper to change name and colours ahead of electionsWiper Democratic Movement - Kenya has announced its intent to change its name and party colours.
Postmortem reveals how Esther Wambui, whose body was found in suitcase, died
By Kamore Maina
- Matatu rams into Total petrol station, kills attendant, injures another
- Boys to men: Kalenjins living in Australia stick to their tradition
By Edward Kosut
- Judicial officer, Mombasa tycoons drawn into Nyali school land row
- Kenya Power launches smart metres to improve services
- Olekina: Mudavadi’s announcement will have no impact on 2022 polls