30-year-old woman pleads guilty to forging her twin's details
By Muriithi Mugo | June 6th 2021
A 30-year-old woman has pleaded guilty to charges of using falsified details belonging to her twin sister while applying for a passport.
Milka Mulongwe Wekesa had been charged with illegally using documents belonging to Elizabeth Mukwana Wekesa to fill Form 19 while applying for a passport at immigration desk at the Huduma Centre in Embu town.
Appearing before Embu Chief Magistrate Maxwell Gicheru, the accused failed to explain why, at the age of 30, she had not been issued with a national identification card as she claimed. She told the court she did not have the money required for the issuance of the ID card.
“Travelling from Kitale to Embu is costly, and you cannot allege not to have money. You must have been running away from something, share with this court,” said Gicheru.
Initially, the mother of four children had pleaded not guilty but later acknowledged committing the offence.
“The court will sentence you on your plea of guilty,” noted Gicheru.
In her mitigation, Ms Wekesa pleaded with the court for leniency, indicating her desire to land an overseas job was to enable her help her siblings.
“I plead with the court to forgive me as I have four children. I only wished to give my children a lifestyle better than mine,” she pleaded.
The court postponed the matter to June 16 when a probation report will be tabled.
Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
- Olympics: Syombua fails to qualify for semi-finals of women’s 400m, finishes 5th
- Our faith looks up to thee 1,500m Olympic gold medallist Faith Chepngetich
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession