MCAs agree to revise budget estimates to unlock stalemate
By Phares Mutembei
| June 25th 2016
Meru County Assembly has approved the Budget after a series of disputes.
The Finance and Appropriations Bill, which was thrown into disarray got back on track after MCAs reached consensus on allocations to their wards.
They unanimously approved amendments after members who felt projects in their wards were allocated inadequate funds, resolved to amend the disputed fiscal estimates.
On Wednesday, they debated until nightfall and continued on Thursday.
Nkomo MCA John Ethaiba urged his colleagues to dialogue to avoid delaying passage of the budget as that would paralyse county operations.
Boda boda riders accuse police of harassmentBoda boda operators in Kapenguria town took to the streets to protest alleged police harassment.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Jimi Wanjigi says Raila Odinga's Sh6,000 monthly stipend is unrealistic
By Jane Mugambi
- New lobby, MPs join crusade to market Raila in Mt Kenya
By Allan Mungai
- Is DP Ruto an unassailable frontrunner or mere pacesetter?
By Oscar Obonyo
- Ruto or Raila? Kiunjuri’s gamble over 2022 candidate
- Murang’a leaders endorse Peter Kenneth to deputise Raila Odinga
- Relief as friends raise Sh16 million to pay Monari's bill