You are here  » Home   » Smart Harvest

60 fall ill after eating 'anthrax' meat in Murang’a

By Boniface Gikandi | Published Thu, July 20th 2017 at 00:00, Updated July 19th 2017 at 23:43 GMT +3

At least 60 people who allegedly ate uninspected meat at Gathaithi village in Kahuro sub-county, Murang’a County have been screened for anthrax.

The victims, among them school children, were Wednesday rushed to Muriranja District Hospital after they developed symptoms associated with anthrax and food poisoning.

Two victims were admitted and referred to Kiria-ini Mission Hospital for further treatment. The victims included pupils from Gathaithi Upper and Maria-ini primary schools in Murarandia ward.

The man who allegedly sold the uninspected meat disappeared after learning that his neighbours had fallen sick.

The hospital medical superintendent, Dr Kairo Kimende, said two victims were admitted for further treatment and observation after they complained of severe abdominal pains. 


RECOMMENDED

ADVERTISEMENT

latest News

VIEW ALL
ADVERTISEMENT

Trending Now

ADVERTISEMENT

KTN News Live Stream