Nairobi: Court stops sale of Ukwala Supermarket
By Kamau Muthoni | December 17th 2015
Ukwala Supermarket's bid to sell its outlets to Botswana's Choppies Enterprises has been stopped until a Sh946 million tax dispute between the retailer and Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is settled.
High Court Judge George Odunga issued the temporary orders after KRA lamented it might not be able to recover the tax owed by the retailer if the deal is sealed.
However, Ukwala may still complete the sale if it provides a security equal the contested amount.
KDF soldier, policeman attack colleagues in Nairobi CBD
By Brian Okoth
- Moni Wekesa explains repetitive academic titles
- BBI bombshell as different versions, typos now emerge
- 16-year-old girl ends her life over boyfriend
- Prof Moni Wekesa: How altercation in Finland made me study law
By Too Jared
- Family appeals for help for American man held in hospital over bill