Four suspects were at the weekend arrested over the killing of 13 people in Sagante/Jardesa, Marsabit County.
Three policemen responding to the attacks were among those gunned down.
Police said they also recovered 158 heads of cattle and 70 goats. Among those held include a politician, an assistant chief, a retired chief and a driver who transported one of the injured attackers to seek medical attention, police spokesman Charles Owino said.
“A multi-agency operation to pursue the criminals and recover illicit arms is still on, we urge members of the public within the area with firearms to surrender them to lawful authority with immediate effect,” said Owino.
A number of local leaders were interrogated in connection with the November 6 attack.
County Commissioner Evans Achoki said the operation to recover the illegal firearms is ongoing.
"No one will be spared in the crackdown as long as there is enough evidence to sustain legal suits. We have also put FM stations on notice against inciting locals," said Achoki.
On Friday, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i said the government will deal with politicians found inciting people to violence.
A team was sent to the area to get the bandits who killed three police officers and disappeared with three guns and more than sixty bullets.
Authorities are trailing political leaders and other people said to be funding the militant activities.
He said a new border-patrol unit will be established in the area as part of broad efforts to maintain law and order in the region.
Matiang’i said he had already met leaders from the region to discuss conflicts in the larger northern region.
"We have already met and mapped out modalities to deal with this issue once and for all," he said.