Deputy President William Ruto has condoled with the family of a seven-year-old boy who was run over by a vehicle in his convoy in Busia County on Friday.
“Saddened by news of the passing on of Sidney Mambala Felix, a young and bubbly boy,” DP Ruto took to twitter to mourn the young boy on Saturday morning.
“Followed closely the situation after I was informed of the unfortunate incident and, now, deeply condole with the family of Mzee Mambala, his peers and friends for the grave loss of a loved one,” he added.
Ruto pledged to support the family during the difficult time adding that he had already contacted them.
I have spoken with Mzee to pass my consideration and assured the family of reference and support during this difficult time. May God rest young Sidney in eternal peace.
Felix who was a Class One Pupil was ran over on Friday evening by one of the vehicles carrying the DP’s Press team.
The DP and his team were leaving Butula where he had addressed pupils and parents of St. Benedict’s Budalangi and Kingandole Secondary schools when the incident happened.
“After knocking down the boy, the Deputy President security personnel prevented a Good Samaritan from picking him up and instead placed him by the roadside,” a witness said adding that the boy developed serious breathing complications after being hit.
The boy’s parents rushed to the scene and took him to hospital,” said the witness.
Police have launched investigation in the incident.