A man accused of killing a foreigner has been remanded for five days pending investigations.
Isaac Kagiri was accused of killing Everlyne Rehart, a 63-year-old Australian, in Olkirkirai in Narok North on November 8.
Mr Kagiri surrendered himself to the police in Kericho County over the weekend.
Police asked the court to allow them to hold him for five days as they investigated the matter further.
Prosecutor Esther Torosi said a postmortem examination was yet to be conducted.
Chief Magistrate Wilbroda Juma gave the prosecution until November 20 to finish their probe and prefer charges against Kagiri.
Ms Rehart is said to have arrived in Narok two weeks ago and was alleged to have been living with Kagiri, who was reportedly her boyfriend.
The woman then went missing last Wednesday, prompting residents to mount a search for her. They led police to Kagiri's house where they broke in and found her body under the bed. The body had a deep knife cut on the head.
The body was taken to the Narok County Hospital mortuary.
Rehart's family has arrived in the country after they received news of her death through the Australian High Commission.
Rehart has been visiting the area to give some of the residents humanitarian aid. She met Kagiri on one of her missions.
Meanwhile, police in Nakuru County are investigating an incident in which a woman aged 30 is accused of killing her 45-year-old husband in Athinai estate in Rongai.
The suspect, identified as Esther Alice by residents, is said to have stabbed Joseph Nyachoboli during a quarrel on Sunday night.
“We heard screams coming from one of the tents. When we rushed there, the man was already on the floor with blood oozing from his chest. We tried to save him but it was too late and he died,” said Paulo Eyengan, a resident at the camp. “The two had been having problems for a long time.”
Confirming the incident, Rongai OCPD Japheth Kioko told The Standard that the suspect, who tried to flee, was arrested in a nearby shopping centre hours later.