18 residents in hospital after eating sheep carcass in Samburu

Jacob Lolkumeni a victim of poisoned meat at Maralal Hospital yesterday 30-04-2016. [PHOTO:MICHAEL SAITOTI/Standard].
About 18 people among them ten children are recuperating at Maralal Hospital, Samburu County, after consuming mutton.

The patients are said to have fallen ill after eating a sheep carcass at Sagumai village.

According to Maralal Hospital’s Dr Robert Nato they received the patients on Friday morning.

“They exhibited symptoms of vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and stomachache. The patients are in stable condition,” said Nato.

SEE ALSO :Samburu Governor Lenolkulal arrested

He said public health officers were deployed to take samples of the dead animal. Nato cautioned residents against consuming uninspected meat.

For the latest news in entertainment check out Sde.co.ke and Pulser.co.ke , for everything sports visit Gameyetu.co.ke and ladies we have you covered on Evewoman

SamburuMaralal Hospital