×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Home To Bold Columnists
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

President Uhuru's statement reignites ICC pullout bid

President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto during thanksgiving prayers at Afraha Stadium. (Photo: PSCU) 

The sponsor of a bill seeking Kenya's withdrawal from the Rome Statute says the push has gained momentum following the President's declaration last week.

President Uhuru Kenyatta on Saturday said that no Kenyan will ever face trial at the International Criminal Court (ICC) again.

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Bold Reporting Takes Time, Courage and Investment. Stand With Us.
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in