Jilted man kills 64-year-old girlfriend in Nanyuki town

A village in Nanyuki town has been hurled into mourning, after a 64-year-old businesswoman was murdered by her boyfriend.

Ms Priscillah Waithira was reportedly hit with a blunt object on the forehead, killing her on the spot after an altercation with her 22-year-old boyfriend.

The incident occurred at the posh Muthaiga Estate in the outskirts of Nanyuki town on Saturday night, moments after the couple arrived home.

The deceased’s home's caretaker, Mr Jaldesa Juma Guyo, said she heard someone knocking on the gate three times during the 11 pm incident, prompting him to check what was happening.

SEE ALSO :Gang kills couple, steals household goods

"I went out and saw the man standing beside the deceased's vehicle. I approached him and he opened the car boot and he ordered me to check inside and I saw the deceased's body," said Guyo.

Guyo said the suspect was holding a machete and he ordered me against revealing what had occurred to anybody.

"The suspect then picked the body from the vehicle and dumped it near the house where he covered it with a sheet.

For More of This and Other Stories, Grab Your Copy of the Standard Newspaper.

He then ordered me to enter the house where he boasted that all property in the house belonged to him," Guyo told journalists at the scene.

The suspect, who appeared enraged, instructed the caretaker to choose anything he wanted from the house.

SEE ALSO :Catholic priest kidnapped, murdered and buried in shallow grave

"He was still holding a machete which he threatened me with, and because of fear, I asked him to give me a gas cylinder. I was only looking for a way of escaping from the mess," he said.

The suspect then picked a map of the house which he claimed would give him money, before he requested Guyo to accompany him to Nanyuki Town for a drinking spree and a rendezvous with call girls.

The caretaker however managed to escape upon reaching the gate. He escaped towards a neighbouring homestead where he managed to call police officers.

He said his boss and the suspect-who was also a neighbour-had been in a relationship for two months before the tragic incident.

The suspect however escaped with the deceased's vehicle and her mobile phone, but police recovered the vehicle yesterday morning at Kibirigwi area in Kirinyaga, along the Nyeri-Nairobi Highway.

SEE ALSO :Man charged with murders of two Alaska Native women

Police moved the body to Nanyuki Teaching and Referral Hospital Mortuary.

By the time of going to press, police were yet to arrest the suspect, although they claimed he had switched off the deceased's mobile phone which he communicated with initially.

Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Standard Digital Telegram channel HERE.

Get the latest summary of news in your email every morning. Subscribe below

* indicates required