Curtains close for John Pombe Magufuli
By Mate Tongola | March 26th 2021
All is set for the burial of former Tanzania President John Pombe Magufuli at his ancestral home in Chato, a town in the Geita Region of northwestern Tanzania.
President Samia Suluhu Hassan took to her Twitter to thank everyone who comforted, supported, and sent condolence messages to Tanzanians following the death of Magufuli on March 17, 2021.
"Today as we lay to rest our beloved President Dr. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli; on behalf of the People of the United Republic of Tanzania and on my own behalf I would like to thank fellow Compatriots; National Leaders, Religious Leaders, Political Leaders, Diplomatic Community, Media Houses, artists, musicians and everyone who has supported comforted and sent us condolence messages during these difficult and trying times for our nation," Suluhu tweeted Friday morning ahead of the burial, which will be attended by close family members, relatives, and friends.
Our baby is fine, says couple stuck in Thika Road night traffic
By Too Jared
- Man killed by irate mob after dismembering wife over land dispute
- Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Woman brutalised by police for flouting curfew rules
- Driver dies in speeding muguka Probox accident
- The gods must be crazy and have invaded Western Kenya