By RICHARD KERAMA
Prime Minister Raila Odinga has appointed Ibrahim Ahmed Rashid as Political Advisor on Somalia. The PM noted the problem of Somalia continues to be a major regional challenge.
“It is my intention to bring the people of Somalia together in order to find a lasting solution to the conflict,” he said.
Mr Rashid who will be a liaison between the PM’s and the Government of Somalia is no stranger to the goings-on in Somalia.
Most recently, he served on the ODM National Elections Board, Executive Director and founder of One Stop Development Agency, a national NGO that focuses on development, emergency relief and works for positive change in lives of vulnerable populations in Northern Kenya and other Arid Lands.
He also worked on the Committee of Experts on Constitutional Review as a Senior Programme Officer on Civic Education, Mobilisation and Outreach.
The appointment comes at a time Somalia president Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud is on a visit to Kenya.
Next Story »
- Kenya’s Mitsumi strikes deal with US video conferencing firm
- Energy experts head to Nairobi for major oil, gas conference
- Home Afrika reports 25pc decline in profit
- House charged as Treasury set to release Budget estimates
- Principal Secretaries publicise economic blueprint
- MP’s bodyguard robbed of his gun in a Nairobi estate