|MRC spokesman Rashid Mraja presents himself at the Coast Provincila Headquarters .(Photo:Kevin Odit/ Standard)|
By Moses Baya
Mohammed Rashid Mraja, the MRC spokesman has surrendered to police at the Provincial police Headquarters.
He will later be taken to court after recording a statement
Police had raided Mraja’s home at 4am Monday morning but failed to find him and took the wife with them for questioning.
She was interrogated at Makupa police station and later released.
Coast PPO Aggrey Adoli said that the police are not targeting any specific group but will crack down on any one spreading hatespeech.
Four other people have been arrested since Sunday evening, some of them with write ups advocating for secession.
‘Pwani si Kenya’ – (Coast is not part of Kenya) is one of the hate speeches that led to the MRC spokesman being sought by police.
Next Story »
- Woman with stomach pain is found to have a 40-year-old fetus inside her
- North Korean leader's uncle executed for 'treachery'
- South Africa investigates 'fake signer' security checks
- Museveni hits at Western nations
- Nyandarua County marks celebrations without speech
- Memories re-lived as Uhuru hoists flag