|MRC spokesman Rashid Mraja presents himself at the Coast Provincila Headquarters .(Photo:Kevin Odit/ Standard)|
By Moses Baya
Mohammed Rashid Mraja, the MRC spokesman has surrendered to police at the Provincial police Headquarters.
He will later be taken to court after recording a statement
Police had raided Mraja’s home at 4am Monday morning but failed to find him and took the wife with them for questioning.
She was interrogated at Makupa police station and later released.
Coast PPO Aggrey Adoli said that the police are not targeting any specific group but will crack down on any one spreading hatespeech.
Four other people have been arrested since Sunday evening, some of them with write ups advocating for secession.
‘Pwani si Kenya’ – (Coast is not part of Kenya) is one of the hate speeches that led to the MRC spokesman being sought by police.
Next Story »
- Former Siaya councillor charged in court
- Weird insects, with male-female sex organs reversed
- Prostitute who made her children watch her having sex with clients imprisoned
- Do you know the true meaning of Easter?
- Millions of outpatients misdiagnosed annually : study
- Orangutan undergoes operation to clear her 'thick head'