By Francis Ontomwa
A new lobby group has been formed to drum up support for Prime Minister Raila Odinga’s bid for State House.
National chairperson Shaban Zaid revealed that the group was formed after wide consultations with Muslim associations and termed Raila as the most trusted candidate to guide Kenya to prosperity.
“We have explored all aspirants that have expressed interest for presidency and we have settled for Raila as the man with the right credentials,” Zaid said at a press conference.
They singled out Raila’s reform record saying that he is the only leader who can be trusted to implement the Constitution.
“The PM wants to govern Kenya and not a particular tribe. We made a promise to him five years ago but it never came to fruition and now this is the prime time to fulfil it,” observed Adan Abdullahi, former legislator Mandera West MP and patron of the group. He said their decision was informed by the support the PM gave them in their fight for acceptance of Kadhi courts in the Constitution.
- Cabinet Secretary meets Liberia President at Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- Uhuru names last two Cabinet Secretaries
- House Committee wants taxes raised
- Sh51.8m gold shipment vanishes mysteriously from airport
- Kenya economy to grow by 6 percent in 2013
- Former councillors ask for Uhuru’s help in send off package stalemate