By Anne Anjao-Eboi
It is not the wish of God that His people remain in poverty. Many a times He has said He will bless His people. That’s why He promised the children of Israel a land flowing with milk and honey.
But what went wrong in these continents? God gave us His principles on wealth creation. Some of us have tried to apply them in vain.
Well, below are some excuses for being poor:
• Colonialism. It is said that the West has continued to colonise us with hefty loans and huge interest rates.
• Inheritance. They say our grandfathers and great grandfathers were poor so it follows that the next generations will also lack.
• Lack of education. Many people are illiterate and it is said that the more degrees one has, the higher their chances of making it.
The excuses go on and on. Excuses aside, I want to declare: You are poor because you want to be poor.
I struggled with the poverty mentality until recently, after over 20 years of struggle that this truth set me free.
Today, I am on a recovery path having applied Godly principles. There was a time (and for a long time), I was never able to pull through to the next month.
- New clashes in Brazil's before football game
- Salva Kiir sacks top South Sudan officials
- Lawyer wants Chinedu to appear in court
- Maji marefu’s futile effort to find stolen property
- Diplomatic passports, special number plates for governors
- Can chickens really be cleverer than a toddler? Studies suggest animals can master numeracy and basic engineering