Meaning of Boxing Day
Today Kenyans marked the last holiday this year before ushering in the new year. Boxing day is observed in most commonwealth countries as a public holiday. According to the oxford English dictionary, boxing day is the first weekday after Christmas. But there are several competing theories about its origin. However, it is generally agreed that boxing day is associated with acts of charity and the opening of Christmas boxes to view gifts. Patrick Amimo spent a day with revelers of traditional brew in Kawangware where he sought their views on the meaning and relevance of boxing day and filed the following report.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Cate Waruguru: Be assured that I'll still be an MP in the next Parliament
By Betty Njeru
- An indecent proposal and a public rebuff
By Peter Kimani
- Serial shop lifter caught stealing maize flour again
- Two bright sisters fail to join Form One over lack of fees
By Marion Kithi
- Top KCPE triplets stranded as half term break nears
- Mudavadi: ICT ministry, CA have conspired to rig Raila in
By Brian Okoth