Roads that will be closed during 2020 Beyond Zero Marathon
By Vincent Kejitan
| March 7th 2020
The 2020 Beyond Zero Half Marathon is set to take place on
Sunday, March 8, 2020, and will be led by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta.
As expected, several roads will be affected by the marathon
and motorists have been asked to use alternative routes.
Joshua Omukata, the Nairobi County Traffic Commander, said
appropriate measures had been put in place to control traffic.
The roads to be affected include; Mombasa, Lusaka,
Aerodrome, Bunyala, Haile Selassie, Kenyatta Avenue, University Way and Waiyaki
“We have made the elaborate ways of managing the traffic
flow. Motorists coming from Mombasa Road are advised to use the southern
bypass, same as those coming from Waiyaki Way. James Gichuru and Jogoo Road
will be available for use and those heading towards the JKIA from town should
use Jogoo Road,” said Omukata.
The map below shows the route that will be used and the
roads that will be temporarily closed.
Proceeds from the event will be used in acquiring resources
to bring to focus key challenges facing Kenyans and build strategic
In this year’s edition, participants will select one of the
following causes to run for:
- I will run for zero child deaths
- I will run for zero maternal deaths
- I will run for zero FGM
- I will run for a healthy lifestyle for the elderly
- I will run for early screening of cancer
- I will run for inclusion of persons who are differently
- I will run for better nutrition for children
- I will run for zero child marriages
- I will run for zero HIV infections
Approval of return of Chinese flights show of contemptTo its credit, the Executive reacted with alacrity after the public outcry and the court orders.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Man who walked 230km to attend Mashujaa celebrations left stranded at hotel
- Kiraitu Murungi party to endorse Governor Muriithi as Raila deputy
- You will pay Sh5,000 for not using city footbridges
- Uhuru, Ruto in a show of comradeship at Mashujaa Day Celebration
- The two women in Ndichu twins altercation speak out
- 10-year boy fighting for life, two women arrested after an attempted exorcism