SportPesa CEO speaks on returning to Kenyan market
By Standard Reporter | February 18th 2020
SportPesa CEO Ronald Karauri on Monday responded to a
netizen who asked how soon the gaming company will return to the Kenyan market.
Karauri stated that many people had been asking him the same
question but said there was no breakthrough yet.
“I have so many people asking this question. We did not get
our license renewed in 2019.
“We submitted our application to BCLB some months ago and we
are still waiting for feedback. If we do get our license renewed we shall let
everyone know,” he remarked.
Elsewhere, English Premier League side Everton announced on
Sunday night that they will end their partnership agreement with SportPesa at
the end of the 2019/20 football season.
A statement seen by Ureport reveals the
agreement was reached following a comprehensive review by the club of its
commercial strategy in line with its vision and future growth plans.
"This has been a difficult decision but one that allows
us to best deliver on our commercial plan and to grasp the new opportunities
now open to us.
“The Club would like to thank SportPesa for all of the work
that has been done together. Our partnership has seen our first team visit
Africa on two occasions, as well as former players and Club staff take part in
numerous activations in the region.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
“This has allowed us to grow our own footprint in Africa and
further strengthen our special relationship with the continent,” Everton said
in a statement.
SportPesa has been Everton's main partner since 2017.
Suluhu: Closer ties for Kenya and Tanzania
By Allan Mungai
- Kivutha Kibwana faulted for hiring brother as Health chief officer
By Grace Nganga
- Frosty ties between police and Olenguruone residents
- Want to know the truth about the dead? Read the obituaries
By XN Iraki
- Puzzle of SMS, tweet that sunk Raila ally
- Real estate dealer ordered to pay building firm Sh13m