Itumbi elated after Jowie’s release
By Vincent Kejitan | February 13th 2020
Joseph Irungu aka Jowie was on Thursday released on a Sh2m
Jowie, a suspect in the killing of businesswoman Monica
Kimani, was arrested in September 2018 and Dennis Itumbi was quick to welcome
him to the ‘free world.’
He also stated that he prays the murder case will be
“Welcome to the free world Jowie. Being granted bail was long overdue.
“We will continue praying that justice is done for all, the
late Monica, Jacque and yourself,” wrote Itumbi.
Justice James Wakiaga said there were no compelling reasons
to deny Jowie bail.
He has, however, been barred from commenting on the case on
Jowie initially had unsuccessfully asked the court to
release him on bail on various occasions.
Last year, he was forced to spend his second
Christmas in jail after Justice Wakiaga pushed the ruling of his bail
application to February 13, 2020.
He had applied a fresh bail application a week earlier
claiming he had been suffering at the Kamiti Maximum Prison where he had been
remanded since September 2018.
Jowie also argued that his co-accused Jacque Maribe was
released on bail he was still in prison.
“My second accused (Jacque Maribe) was granted bail and she never absconded court. I deserve the same,” he said.
Ferdinand Omanyala breaks national record, but fails to make finals
- Chepkoech, Kiyeng through to steeplechase final as Korir disqualified in 400m men heats
- Why Harold didn’t make it to the Olympics
By Peter Theuri
- It’s a day of ups and downs for Kenya at Olympic Stadium
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession