The ministry however insisted that bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law and anyone who will be caught shall be arrested and prosecuted
“If you accept to be conned, you will lose your money or property and go to jail; it has happened to many citizens during past recruitments”. warned the ministry
The Ministry of Defence through their official website announced the recruitment dates for Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) officers to be between November 27, 2019, and December 16, 2019.
According to the contents of the announcement, those willing to join the KDF must meet certain general conditions.
(1) Be a Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
(2) Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card. Additionally, 4 Copies of National Identity Card and PIN certificate will be required.
(3) Age - Between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains/Imams.
(4) Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
(5) Have no criminal record.
(6) Minimum Height: (a) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in). (b) Women 1.52m (5ft).
(7) Minimum Weight: (a) Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb). (b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(8) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
Minimum academic qualifications include:
(1) General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one Science subject.
The training period for this category will cover three (3) years leading to a BSc degree in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
(2) Specialist Officers.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject.
Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with a statutory body where applicable.
The training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
(3) Servicemen/women (General Duty) Recruits.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (plain) in KCSE.
Prospective candidates willing to apply must satisfy the conditions and requirements given below.
(a) Technicians. A minimum mean grade of C (Plain) in KCSE, a relevant Diploma or above from a recognized Institution and be registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
(b) Artisans. A minimum mean grade of D+ (Plus) in KCSE and either a relevant certificate with Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized Institution.
(a) Be a retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Member or a retired National Youth Serviceman/woman.
(b) Be between the ages of 30 and 55 years old for retired KDF and between 35 and 45 years old for retired NYS.
(c) Possess a Discharge Certificate with a minimum rating of “Very Good” in conduct.
(d) Must have served for at least 9 years Colour Service and retired honourably from KDF.
The ministry however insisted that bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law and anyone who will be caught shall be arrested and prosecuted.
“If you accept to be conned, you will lose your money or property and go to jail; it has happened to many citizens during past recruitments”. warned the ministry.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website